Monday, May 20, 2013

Noah's Favorite Veggie Pasta Sauce



I love cooking and baking so I was very excited when Mr Noah graduated from purees to solids. He loves just about everything I make him but his absolute favorite is pasta! It does not matter what I put it in it, if its pasta he will eat it. I recently discovered quinoa pasta. I was a little skeptical at first but it taste just like regular pasta! Mr Noah didn't seem to notice it wasn't the real deal. I have a few staple sauces that I made up for him, here is one of his favorites. Warning.... this sauce may cause your baby to have garlic breath hehe

Veggie Marinara Sauce:
Makes about 2-3 servings depending on how much your little one eats

Ingredients:
4 tomatoes
1 small carrots
1/2 zucchini
1/2 yellow squash
1 garlic clove
Dash of Italian season
1/2 cup quinoa elbow pasta


Directions:
Cut up all the veggies (don't worry about it being bite size)
Add a little bit of olive oil to a pan and add the garlic
After 30 seconds add the rest of the veggies to prevent the garlic from browning and the seasoning
Saute the veggies for about 10 minutes. Add water if it looks like its starting to stick to the pan

In a separate pot boil the water for the pasta.
Cook for about 9 minutes and drain

Once the veggies are done place in a food processor or blender and puree

Cut up the pasta into bite size pieces then add the sauce and serve.



I usually put some of his pasta in front of him so he can self feed while I spoon feed him. Mr Noah is very big on feeding himself but is still figuring out the concept of food actually making it into his mouth haha. This sauce is great with some ground turkey or ground beef.







No comments:

Post a Comment